Independent Investor, the operator and copyright holder of the independent-reader.com website, respects your privacy and will not sell or make available in any way your personal information except where you have specifically asked us. The nature of the services provided by independent-reader.com means that we might obtain certain information about you. This statement sets out the principles governing our use of your data. By registering to use the services and by using the indepdendent-reader.com website generally, you agree to this use. Defined terms have the same meanings as in the terms and conditions set out above.
- When you register and use the site, we will ask you to provide certain data, such as your contact details and demographic information. We will store this data and use it to contact you, provide you with details of services and otherwise for the normal use and improvement of the Site, unless you have asked us not to do so by clicking on the appropriate tickbox at registration or by modifying your profile anytime thereafter.
- We may also use the data you provide us in response to surveys and to aggregate user profiles. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not pass data to any third parties except in the following circumstances;
- to enable you to gain access to the restricted parts of certain service providers’ Information;
- to enable you to receive information you have requested to be sent to you by post (we will disclose your address); or
- to enable you to receive a pay service.
If you can be identified from the information to be passed, then we will not forward such information without having notified you first and obtained your permission.
- To enable us to monitor and improve the site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, and the details of the web site you came from
- Our site may link to other web sites and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures or their content.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data including the use of encryption technology, but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing on-line over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in wilful default.
- We may supplement the information that you provide us with information we receive from third parties. You have the right to receive information about the personal information we maintain on you. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, please contact us.
- We have certain responsibilities under legislation to verify the identity of users and may need to make certain enquiries and obtain certain information from you for that purpose. You confirm that all information you supply will be accurate and that we may pass on such information, as we consider necessary to comply with any reporting requirements.
- You agree that we may disclose to any regulatory authority to which we are subject and to any investment exchange on which we may deal or to its related clearing house (or to investigators, inspectors or agents appointed by them), or to any person empowered to require such information by or under any legal enactment, any information they may request or require relating to you or, if relevant, any of your clients.